Brand purpose: a definition
If you like the way we think click to say hello:
07712 270 198 / email@example.com
The purpose is ….
A purpose is an enduring and succinct statement that explains beyond profit, what a firm believes to be important and how people can expect it to act.
It is at once, your connection to the past and a roadmap to your future, keeping all your worlds – employee, client and community – connected to the human side of your business, more willing to trust its interests and contribute to its growth and success.
If you do this, and do it well, there are three clear benefits that flow from becoming a purpose-led company:
1. Companies that stand, and act, as the embodiment of a genuine and authentic purpose are a magnetic force for good, adding value to the lives of employees, customers, communities and society as a whole
2. It is the clearest and most human way to show the world who you really are, providing natural differentiation from your competitors by being true and honest about yourselves
3. And it has been proven that companies with a genuine purpose, consistently applied, enjoy a more complete and rewarding culture, a more fulfilling employee experience and customer relations, more successful recruitment and better business performance.
How we find yours
The golden rule: whatever you settle on, however you settle on it, if your brand purpose is not authentic and sustainable it will fail.
So, start with an open mind, be honest about who you are and what you do and realistic about your energy and commitment to the process, and then use your consultation phase to:
1. Have a proper conversation with the company about what, if anything, as a firm, you are passionate about and prepared to work for – if there is a point to you beyond profit, what could that be?
2. And then ideas on how this ‘beyond profit’ passion is brought to life?